Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rapid Reward points. Trading partners. Hotels/other airlines

Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing

Hello. Go easy on me if not correct place to post, but I was wondering....

Have people had any luck, success, can give me suggestions, in trading RR points, flights with someone that has a lot of hotel/other airline points(?)

I'm sitting on about 200k in WN points, went thru the "other rewards" portal, and the point value is a joke. Was looking at a hotel in West Palm Beach, they wanted about 60k points for 400/nt cash room. Clearly not a good points to cash value

So I was just asking if people have thoughts, suggestions, maybe theres something on FT I'm missing, or anyone have good, bad, ugly experiences

Sorry to anyone, if incorrect place to post, but it's really a RR 2.0 points q

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:40 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by antinseattle
Hello. Go easy on me if not correct place to post, but I was wondering....

Have people had any luck, success, can give me suggestions, in trading RR points, flights with someone that has a lot of hotel/other airline points(?)

I'm sitting on about 200k in WN points, went thru the "other rewards" portal, and the point value is a joke. Was looking at a hotel in West Palm Beach, they wanted about 60k points for 400/nt cash room. Clearly not a good points to cash value

So I was just asking if people have thoughts, suggestions, maybe theres something on FT I'm missing, or anyone have good, bad, ugly experiences

Sorry to anyone, if incorrect place to post, but it's really a RR 2.0 points q

Thanks
When you reach 180 posts you will gain access to The Coupon Connection, a forum here for trading. You already have the requisite 180 days.

I caution you not to make a flurry of posts to reach 180, even if you think they are good solid posts. The moderators of CC are likely to lock you out if you try. Slow and steady does it, with useful or very funny content please.

I haven't visited CC for a long time, but in the days of RR 1.0 there was almost no trading of Southwest awards there. Everyone wants to trade for international travel. Go figure.

The value for Other Rewards is too low to consider except as a last resort. The highest value for RR points is to convert them to standard awards via the AirTran two-step and use awards for last-minute travel. Even short flights have last-minute fares of $200 or more each way. Capacity controls limit the utility of this method, especially for longer flights. If you need longer flights or you never travel on short notice this might not work for you.

You should buy rather than redeem tickets until the current promotion ends in May. The effective rebate percentage is too attractive to pass up. That gives you time to plan your redemption or trading tactics.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Thank you for the feedback. Yes. I'm currently on a WN flight now, all BS here til may 15th. The promotion and math is just tooooo good (WN Internet connect working great)

I only use points for friends/family with cheap fligha. I do the heavy lifting with cash flights. I was just hoping there was a outlet to trade RR for Hilton Hyatt etc

Thanks nsx! Haven't been around FT long, but yourself, Ink and others, are very much appreciated in the FT WN world! Thank you
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Coupon Connection can work, but there are definitely bandits there, who have stolen from some of my very experienced traveling friends. Even if you are dealing with someone completely honest, things can still get bollixed.

The best way to do what you want is to meet as many FTers in person as you can. Go to (or organize) local dinners, ballpark outings, etc. in your area, or even when you are in some other city. Check Community Buzz for examples.

In short order you will have a wide range of contacts, who also have a wide range of contacts. Much better to trade with someone you have met, or a friend of a friend.

This is mostly why businesses fly people around all the time; human contact is very important for commerce.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Feb 24, 2013 at 6:40 am
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Coupon Connection can work, but there are definitely bandits there, who have stolen from some of my very experienced traveling friends. Even if you are dealing with someone completely honest, things can still get bollixed.

The best way to do what you want is to meet as many FTers in person as you can. Go to (or organize) local dinners, ballpark outings, etc. in your area, or even when you are in some other city. Check Community Buzz for examples.

In short order you will have a wide range of contacts, who also have a wide range of contacts. Much better to trade with someone you have met, or a friend of a friend.

This is mostly why businesses fly people around all the time; human contact is very important for commerce.
+1.

I rarely do coupon connection but when I do with my larger trades, I always deal with someone I know very well on FT. (and the other party also knows me very well). Win-win for both parties!! If I am giving/trading something small, I have no problem with a newer person on FT. Alot of bonus points (my system ) when I previously met the trader in person.

(Note: I have not been to too many recent FT events due to medical reasons. I hope to get out to FT events ASAP )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.