FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 77W walk up bar - why do they offer sandwiches?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:38 pm
DillMan

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Is the picture above from one of the inaugural flights?

I've flown 50/51 twice since the new airplane came out. The first time we had water and the same snacks as the 777-200. The next 3 times (return of first trip plus one more roundtrip) they just had a tray from a trolley with a couple bags of chips. No water or other beverages at all were present.

I've never seen a setup like you see in the picture. Most of the time those shelves are filled with the FAs stuff or odds and ends from the service - like FA paperwork, leftover used pillows, etc.

This bar things seems like the worst of both worlds - it makes the FAs refuse to get you anything since they've been told the PAX will make use of the self service area and then they don't put anything out.

During my first daytime return flight the FA argued with me that the tap in the lavatory was drinkable because it was "a new airplane" and I should just refill my water bottle there. I saw a few people actually do this - I just went without until the second meal service. On my next return I decided to buy 3 bottles before departure which seemed to be a smart move. I saw a few people ask for more water and get totally denied

I think until the sex appeal of this new plane dies down we'll continue to see the most senior crews working these flights. Sadly those most senior FAs are the ones that want to do the least during the flight.