FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:11 am
sunnyjl

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
What kind of upgrade were you hoping for? It is 'High Season' in the Cancun area right now - was the hotel at full capacity?

I agree with you regarding Double Beds - they are way to small for my partner and I and this is the reason I would never book a room with them. (unless I am sleeping in one by myself!)

Which room type did you end up in? How was your view of the ocean?

Did your balcony have room for a table and chairs to sit outside and relax or eat?

Regarding room size: 467sf is not a huge room, but I would not call it tiny either... Maybe this sf included the balcony?

Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Ocean view, Balcony

Premium Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Premium Ocean view, Ocean view, Balcony

Club 91 Level, Club level, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Premium Ocean view, Ocean view

Caribbean, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Bathrooms: 1.5, Ocean view, Ocean view, Balcony

Caribbean Club 91, Club level, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Bathrooms: 1.5, Ocean view

JW Luxury Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Ocean view, Ocean view, Balcony

Grand Ocean Front, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Bathrooms: 1.5, Premium Ocean view, Balcony

Grand Ocean Club, Club level, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Bathrooms: 1.5, Oceanfront
High season or not, my batting average on upgrades at Marriott in the last year is practically .000. Gets to be a little tiring hearing "You get an upgrade EXCEPT...you get breakfast EXCEPT. There's always an exception. Honestly I couldn't care less about upgrades or breakfast when I'm traveling on business. But when I'm on my annual vacation with my family, THAT is when I would really like to receive the perks that I'm supposed to get, and that NEVER happens! Seriously, five nights per year you can't pony up the perks? Like I said, I had to ask for many things that should have been a given with platinum status. Getting tired of having to beg for "perks" from this company after spending tens of thousands of dollars with them every year. Would have been nice if I could have used my points to get a rate that included breakfast at the least, but even that is not offered! And don't go there with Club 91. You have to eat every meal in the club, can't take the food out, so you're basically the club prisoner the whole time which isn't convenient as it's on the 14th floor. What are you going to do, leave the beach and run up to the 14th floor for food? Stupid. Besides, tapas presentations are not going to cut it for ravenous, growth-spurting teenagers.

I have no idea what the square footage was or whether it included the balcony. It was the ocean view room. The balcony had two chairs and little side table, but you had to come out of the door sideways to get to the chair. And the railing was concrete from floor up about 3 feet, and then there was a wrought iron railing, so your view is obstructed a bit when sitting. I'm not even sure this is a standard size double bed. My son has a double bed, and this one seemed even smaller than the standard.