FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:15 am
dcfrequentflyer

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
03.29.13, LAX-IAD, breakfast

03.29.13, LAX-IAD (737, new seats, new livery!), 9:00 departure, breakfast

This is probably the WORST service I have encountered in AA first.

Typically, this route gets full transcon service. But on this route, thanks to lazy FAs:
1. No sparkling mine/mimosa tray (even though boarding was done 10 min. early, the FAs chose to chat in the galley about now boarding was done so early instead of do any PDBs)
2. I watched the two first class FAs take the menus and say "we don't need these!" and shove them in a cart instead of handing them out.
3. One FA, who I shall call "bird's nest" since that is what her hair and wrinkled uniform looked like, came around with a plastic bin from the cart and had us pick a bottle of water out of the bin.

We took off. As the FAs moved the carts in the galley around about 10,000 times, once we hit cruising altitude (not before) beverages were offered. The FA came up to me and called me by the WRONG first name (not last name) and then, when corrected, said "I'm not wearing my glasses" (instead of, say, "sorry" or "I apologize" or even "oops!")

Breakfast (remember, no menus) was described as either:
1. Oatmeal, or
2. "An egg/sausage THINGY"

The "thingy" turned out to be an egg/sausage panini. Before I tell you how it was, let me describe how breakfast was served. When reaching over me to give the tray to my seatmate, the FA picked the OJ off the tray...and then dumped it all over my seatmate (who, thankfully, was wearing her blanket). She then half-a**ed wiping it up; the result was sticky OJ all over the armrest throughout the flight.

The panini was gross. WAY too much bread, dry and chewy, no sauce. Oddly, our breakfast bread choice was a HALF-bagel (not heated).

Beverages were not refilled (on a transcon!); instead, the FAs gabbed in the galley. When I went to the bathroom, I noticed that one of them was reading one of the "for DUMMIES" book and thought to myself "well, that's about right." I did enjoy overhearing them chat about how they love breakfast flights "because they are so easy...no sundaes or any of that."

Cookies were served about an hour before landing...but no mints (even though the bag of mints was sitting on the galley counter).

As we left the plane, another passenger asked bird's nest "is this a new plane" (I presume because it had the new livery). Bird's next rolled her eyes and said "it's JUST a new PAINT JOB" and then proceeded to return to looking at her cell phone (not even thanking this man for flying) as the passengers deplaned.

Thumbs DOWN.