FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:19 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Available AMS-CPH, but they sure made it difficult to accept the offer. Not that I would have, but . . .

- using the Android app for the first time since it was updated, I got as far as seat selection, where I was presented with a completely blank seat map. After three attempts, I gave up.

- I clicked on the link in the notification e-mail instead, and was taken to the mobile site. Lo and behold, this displayed a partial seat map. That's to say, it displayed seat numbers and nothing else. That at least allowed me to click on what I guessed was an EB seat to check the price. For some reason KL have suddenly decided that I need to be shown prices in Swedish kronor, even though they have hitherto always shown me them in Euros. The upgrade was 1,363 kronor, which I assume approximately equals the usual ridiculous €159 (I should really like to know whether they have ever sold an upgrade at that price for this one hour flight).

- I went back to the app to check my boarding card. None to be found, instead I was instructed to log in, even though I have the "log me in automatically" box checked, and even though I had used the very same app a minute earlier. Once I had cleared that hurdle, I had to click on check in again to finally get the boarding card to display.

If they want to entice me to upgrade, they will not only have to offer it at a far more attractive price, but also ensure that OLCI, the app and the mobile site allow me to do so smoothly with an absolute minimum of hassle.

Johan