FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan DO - March 29-31, 2013
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:42 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
Just noticed the change of venue for the welcome drinks on Thurs., 28th March and gather the Kirin Heartland Roppongi is just around the corner from the Grand Hyatt so only a small relocation. Luckily I quite like Kirin beer so it's a good choice. ^

Also noticed the izakaya venue has been added & menu look delicious. Can't wait to try the various courses. What time are we meeting at Kakoiya?
Well spotted. ^

Since I've been to neither venue I've done some Google Mapping to find how to get there.

Heartland (6-10-1 Roppongi, Roppongi Hills West Walk 1F) or ハートランド (pronounced 'Hah---toh-randoh') is on the street level at the bottom of the Mori Tower below a Zara shop. Here is Roppongi Hills' own map, Google Maps' version, and a Google Street View (my best attempt).

We have the lounge area of the bar reserved for our group between 6-9pm, but the bar is open until 4am! Those aiming to go to Tsukiji on Friday morning might be able to save on a hotel room and start walking/getting a cab straight from the bar. @:-)

Kakoiya (ORE Yurakucho Building 5F, 2-3-5, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) might be more challenging to find but Google Street View tells me it's on the 5th floor of this building. (Google map). Our booking is between 7-9pm.

Kakoiya Yurakucho 8 course menu (for 3?)

Booking is still open for Saturday's airport/dinner cruise.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 15, 2013 at 2:31 am