FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diverted Flight. Should I expect something?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:58 pm
DCAflyer81

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
No, just wondering. I've gotten at least two that were purely weather related. Got one a month ago for a snow storm and about a year ago when a tornado ripped nearby the airport. Never asked for anything in both cases.
In the past year or two, actually had my first two diversions. One was during some snow in MSP, where we had to divert to Sioux Falls (annoying b/c we were quite close to MSP and had just started down when they closed a runway to begin plowing -- earlier the captain had described the snow as light, guess not!) and another was DCA-SLC but we ended up in CVG (not weather-related). Finally, had a third flight MSP-DCA, where we made it to about Lake Michigan and some sort of warning light came on or something, and we turned back to MSP. Unfortunately, that flight cancelled and were stuck in MSP for the night. In each case, I did not receive anything or ask for anything. Although maybe I should have, esp. for the mechanical situation. The CVG one was medical, so totally understood nothing they could do about it (other than, maybe the passenger shouldn't have boarded not feeling well, considering the call for a doc came on no more than 10 mins into the flight!)