FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
No, what happened to you is exactly what I was wondering about. Thank you for the clarification. The previous post didn't make it explicit what the hard and final outcome was for all 4 cards concerned. The two points you highlighted - denial of two different products and denial of another apps days later - are indeed significant.

There is one other scenario I could think of - if Citi has rules for 1) no more than 2 apps (applications, not approvals) in 60 days, AND 2) no more than one approval per days, AND 3) a second app denied under rule #2 counts in your total towards rule #1. This would explain Ike's scenario, but it's just guesswork at this point.
I am inclined to look at it this way and suggest planning new applications with this in mind despite it is a bit early to draw any reliable conclusion but the experiences IkeEsq posted is Significant, so as the poster who has not had any Citi card app Before his 2 apps a day adventure, plus Post 5149 from TWA44 - all point to your speculation.

Also I am not surprise it has evolved to this stage after gazillions are aware of the 2BT and the bloggers world dumbed it down to pictures and arrows... Citi finally has taken note (and measures) to stop that.

Finally we can no longer point newcomers or lazy posters to just read Post 1 because now it seems Significant changes have taken places making the "rules" no longer applied.

From now on only those who carefully follow and read the fresh data would be better prepared for successful application.

Also, many thanks to IkeEsq for "going for the team" by doing a 3rd app which to me, confirms that 2 apps in 60 days remains true, except now we have 1 IMPORTANT new rule to pay attention to - No 2 apps on same day regardless the products.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm