FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square New York [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:47 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I have no problem with your question............I only point out that it should have been posted in the Manhattan City "family" thread and not started as a new one........it still would have come up as one of the top threads to be read............

if you look through this forum you'll notice several threads have been merged into the "existing" thread verses others starting unnecesary duplicate threads on the same props.....
Actually I'm not a big fan of merging threads into a "family" thread (especially one that dates back several years) when a question is on a specific property. Not everyone wants to plow through several pages of a family thread when they're interested in only one particular property. I think CanucksHKG, given the research he did & the (lack of) results he found, in this case was right to start a new thread.

Re: family threads - and not related to the OP's question (since I have no recent stays at the RI Times Square), I wonder if, on the family threads, the mod can do a 'cut-off' for start time & move more recent posts in a family thread into a new family thread - ie, if a family thread was started in 2001, the earlier posts are outdated a decade later. Hmm, something to discuss w/ the mod if it doesn't create too much work for him.

Cheers.