FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:23 am
Kurosawa22

Hello all, I posted here a few times in the last month and I'm back to update my story. For those who don't recall, I applied and was instantly approved for TWO 50k Visas after $2,500 spend in 4 months on January 20 (which seems to be right before they stopped doing the 2 browser). My cards arrived and were activated (as well as bonuses confirmed) on Jan 24.

Since I had a cruise to pay off as well as airline tickets and so forth, I met the minimum spend on both cards within days, the 29th in fact was when the second card spend was met. Both cards had the same closing date, which turned out to be an issue. On February 10 after my first statement, 50,000 miles appeared in my AA account. Only ONE bonus, mind you, not both. Yet, I got the card spends for both cards credited as miles so I knew both cards had been reported by Citi.

Operating under the assumption that Citi reported both bonuses (this was after the statements stopped showing any bonuses, even when they are reported), I wrote a nice and detailed email explaining the situation to AAdvantage Customer Service. I told them Citi had confirmed both bonuses, which was entirely true, and that I believe a simple computer error occurred on AA's end due to two 50k bonuses being reported on the same day, thus looking like an accidental duplicate posting.

I got no response for days, over a week, then last Thursday I opened up my email and saw a very kind, understanding response where the responder agreed that the computer error was the problem and he sent along a message to another department to get it fixed. He said it would take up to three business days.

Well, too late to make a long story short, but I just checked my AAdvantage account and the other 50k bonus has arrived! So in summary, despite a few hiccups, I applied for the two 50k Visas on January 20 and I already have 100,000 bonus miles in my account on February 26. Not too shabby!