FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:58 pm
CodeAdam10

Have an active Citi AA Visa from Aug '11.

Just applied and approved for the Citi AA AmEx.

Also applied for the Citi AA Biz but the initial representative denied the app and told me to 'wait for the letter by mail'. Called again and a nicer rep actually looked into the whole issue and said there is a problem with an account I closed a few years back. She couldn't see any 'Notes' for the closed account (to determine why it was closed) and I explained I voluntarily closed it myself; but apparently they have to verify the reason for which that account was closed before approving me (at least the application has gone back into Pending from Denied!).

Is this the norm for Citi Biz apps? Quite a strict criteria. I have a nearly 2-decade-long standing history with Citi, and didn't really expect the interrogation, partly because I'm yet to have an issue being approved by Citi for the few cards that I do have with them.

Hoping for the best after they are finished re-reviewing! This will be a nice 100k AA run if all works out.