FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 25, 2013, 5:09 pm
arlflyer

@Fresar - yes, buying an AA gift card will get you the credit. Buy a real plastic one just to be sure.

Originally Posted by Happy
People, the language difference is a wishful thinking on our part - in reality it does NOT matter. Whether you get it or not, really largely depends on your LUCK - if you can get thru to Step 5 and get a friendly rep, you are golden. If you are stopped at Step 3, things would be much tougher because the app now is reviewed (if it is not auto-rejected) by human at the desk with more time / attention versus via an online chat. And of course, whether the reviewer is going by the letter or more casual makes all the difference.
Understood on the langauge of APPROVAL and phone confirmation of bonuses, 100% in agreement there. BUT - do we yet have data of this translating through to PAYMENT of the bonuses? My understanding is that, in the post-2BM-era, we do not, particularly regarding the 1-plat-1-gold trick ("2BM V.2.1"). Did I not read on this thread or another of people getting approved for a given card, making it through the minimum spend, and then getting a letter a week before statement close saying that points would not be issued because cardholder was not a first time account holder? I am pretty new around here so anything I read had to be fairly recent - and I swear I didn't make that up!!!