FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:28 pm
TWA44

Originally Posted by ddallas
With everything else equal, they pick based on whether they would prefer a Visa or an AMEX.
Thanks ddallas for your reply. By that I am thinking you mean that the Visa is accepted just about everywhere and the Amex somewhat less so, although some may think it has more "status." Because actually both are CITI cards, despite what pictures/words may appear on the plastic card itself.

I guess that with different names they are also seen as different products, so one or the other may be more appealing given what cards one has had in the past. But for someone who never has has any AA card - indeed any CITI card - is there any reason to pick one over the other?

I have read that AMEX has better customer service when there is an issue with a warranty on a product, but if these are actually CITI cards, I do not expect that issue factors in.

Am I missing anything? Is there anything else I could take into account in choosing between the two? Thanks again.