FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:40 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by sinnercin
Hello - I hope I am asking this question in the right place. This is my first post. I am looking to travel LAX to Paris March 13-20 with hubby (NO KIDS I have 125K miles. Looking to fly business class if possible (I can buy more miles or possibly borrow from family) if I can find an awesome flight to either London (then Chunnel or fly to Paris) or LAX to Paris or other city in France and then train to Paris. Wondering which One World partner would have the best business class flights. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thank you!
Welcome to FT!

Why limit yourself to oneworld partners? AA's non-oneworld partner, Air Tahiti Nui, flies LAX-CDG nonstop. AA partner Jet Airways (9W) flies to BRU from both EWR and YYZ, so you might be able to fly LAX-EWR/YYZ on AA, and then continue on 9W to BRU, with a train from BRU to PAR.

Other options include AA or BA to LHR (but there are very high surcharges if you redeem on BA); IB LAX-MAD-ORY; and AB LAX-TXL-ORY. AA, BA, and IB options will show on aa.com; for IB, TN, and 9W, you must call AA.

Frankly, however, finding two Business Class award seats on the same flights less than a month from now may prove challenging. And because March 13 is less than 21 days away, AA will hit you with a close-in award fee of $75/person, unless you have elite status in the AAdvantage program.

Good luck!