FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:14 pm
BUgrad

So I'm not sure if I should post this in here or on the Finnair forum. Decided to post here since I purchased a rewards ticket through AAdvantage.

Basically, my parents used their miles for a one-way business class ticket for me to Warsaw as a graduation present. My routing is BOS - JFK - HEL - WAW. Since Boston - JFK is operated by AA I was able to select my seat on that sector.

JFK - HEL and HEL - WAW are operated by Finnair but I guess since the flights aren't operated by AA the website won't let me select my seat. It's not a huge deal- but I'd just really like to get one of the stand-alone window seats since I'm traveling alone. There was nothing on the Finnair website that said one way or another. But while looking for an answer to this I stumbled upon the British Airways (and took note of it since BA is also a oneworld partner) and found this: "If your flight is operated by British Airways but has been made through another airline then you may be able to choose your seat. This is dependent on the airline you have booked with."

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!