FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Hilton cards issued by Amex or Citi
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:48 pm
PedroNY

BofA trick to avoid a fee:

Get your spend in your first month, as the fee does not show up till your 2nd card bill. You can call and ask them to waive the fee during that second month (it has worked for BofA cards for me), or cancel it during that 2nd month and they will refund the fee. Just a suggestion, in case you want to avoid that fee and do not plan to hold on to that card. Of course, BofA cards and BofH cards are churnable.

As to HH points being valued at .007, I think it would be a hard case to make after devaluation they announced yesterday, .005 at best at this point. Of course, there are exceptions, but they did devalue by a significant amount.

Enjoy,

PedroNY

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
"What you can do is apply for the free hilton card and earn your bonus points and wait a few months and you could have the option from within your account to upgrade to Surpass and earn an additional 50K."

Is it a few months or a full year?

"What about the Bank of Hawaii and Bank of America Hawaiian Airline cards? You can get a total of 140k Hilton point BUT there is a $79 fee (that they don't waive) for each card."

Will consider! Read elsewhere HHonors pt = 0.7 cents; am I correct in figuring then that 2x$79/0.007 = 22,572 pts of the 140K bonus pts covers the fees?

Also, if I do all the above twice (me+spouse), but am only one using all pts., is there way, knowing this in advance, to avoid pt transfer fees?