FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another child abused & more lies re photography
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:07 am
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by MIT_SBM
Why would Disney, the airlines or any other business stand up for the rights of paying customers as long as their business continues to be profitable.

It doesn't appear that Disney lost any money over this interaction, that is the child and Mother still traveled and presumably went to Disney. I also highly doubt that any significant number of children/Mothers who were planning to spend money at Disney will change their plans because of this incident. And potentially this interaction could be spun ... [SPIN] What would you do for a Disney vacation?* Come experience Disney for yourself! [/SPIN] Not that I think Disney would choose to do so.

The flights that I have been on don't appear to be lacking passengers. And from some reports I read that airlines are more profitable now than they have been in the no so distant past.

So, what exactly is their incentive to stand up for anything other than being profitable?

*ala: What would you do for a Klondite bar?
Originally Posted by ga_girl
Disney has already gotten into bed with the devil - be it Congress, FAA or Homeland Security. How else would they have gotten the Temporary Flight Restriction areas over both Walt Disney World and Disneyland?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...leslie-goodman

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/03/18....restrictions/
Exactly what ga_girl said. If Disney tries to fight TSA or DHS, they will retaliate by terminating the flight restrictions over Disney World, which, in turn, will hurt Disney (among other things, the flight restrictions prevent banner-tows). Disney is using TSA/DHS for their own corporate benefit. Unless there is a groundswell of cancellations due to TSA, Disney is going to continue to toe the agency line.