FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan DO - March 29-31, 2013
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 pm
seacarl

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Many Topics

Has the location of either the Thursday night drinks or the Friday night get-together been determined?

The most economical and reasonably convenient way to get from Narita Airport to Tokyo is on the Keisei Line. The fare on the Limited Express is 1000 Yen, and you can take it to Nippori or Ueno, or change at Aoto for Oshiage and the Toei Asakusa Line.

I believe that if you want to get into the tuna auction at the Tsukiji market you need to queue for tickets at 4.00am. At least that's what I was told. Where is the 5.00am meeting point, and was it just to wander the market or do you have an inside source to get tickets to the tuna auction? If we are just wandering the market, we could meet later after the subway opens.

Where are we to notify you of our flights? I'll be arriving on UA 6 (ex SIN) at 14:55 on 28Mar, and happy to lead anyone arriving at that time on Keisei Line. I haven't boooked my hotels, so I don't know to which district I will go. I may book the Conrad since it's a short walk to Tsukiji market, although there is construction in the area. Happy hour in the Conrad lounge is 6pm-8pm. But if we are having a get-together elsewhere, maybe I will book closer.

Is there no chance of an NH or JL event? That's really too bad.

Finally, I plan to be in Tokyo next weekend, so if any of the organizers want to meet for a beer, I'd be happy to do so.

Best Regards
seacarl