FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extrapoints for travel in Europe
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 pm
KroFlyer

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I agree it's better than no campaign at all, but how much use is it to the customer? And does it really create much extra business for SAS? I for one have already booked all my travel for the upcoming month. And I am not going to book additional flights just because of a few Extrapoints.
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I also go Europe. To bad about the "only for new bookings" part. All my travel for Feb and March is already booked, so I won´t be able to take advantage (unless SAS IT does its usual magic). Would be nice if existing bookings were also included. That way you would be rewarded for using SAS instead of other carriers, when you do you bookings, as you would know that any potential promotions would work to your benefit.

Svantevit

Travel4Love - After reading/posting in this thread yesterday, I've had some time to reflect a bit. I agree with you. My flights are already booked, and I am not going to spend several thousand kroner to gain a couple thousand points (ie. SAS is the wrong airline to do a MR on, especially from a secondary airport like mine).

Svantevit - Good point. It is almost like being punished for booking in advance! Part of my problem with the plan your points campaign was that I made a plan, confirmed it in the offer, and my plans changed. No points for me. Now, I book in advance, offers come, I fly during the promo period, but no points for me b/c I did plan ahead!