Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Extrapoints for travel in Europe

Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold

http://www.sas.dk/Misc_Container_Pag...pages/EURFDDK/

Sign up by Mar 3rd, book and travel between Feb 15 and Mar 17. I wish I had known before, grrrrrr......
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: SK*Gold
I got a similar offer but it was only for Scandinavia and Finland. I'm in Norway and the offer is personal, so it could be that they are differentiating according to where you live.

http://www.sas.no/Misc/Misc-Container-Page/EURFDNO/
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: EBG
Me and Mrs. KroFlyer got the same promo too - Scandinavia and Finland. We're in Norway.

Question: when reading the T&C it says: Booking period (new bookings) between February 15 March 17, 2013

How does one take that? Is it ONLY new bookings, or can old bookings apply as long as the flying is between today and 17/3?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
Question: when reading the T&C it says: Booking period (new bookings) between February 15 March 17, 2013
How does one take that? Is it ONLY new bookings, or can old bookings apply as long as the flying is between today and 17/3?
I read it to mean that the bookings have to be made from today, Feb 15, until March 17. So I don't think bookings made before today would apply.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Amexpat
I read it to mean that the bookings have to be made from today, Feb 15, until March 17. So I don't think bookings made before today would apply.
Thanks for the response. Thats what I figured, but was hopeful it would also include previously booked flights...

I have to give SAS credit for rolling out these extra point offers the past couple of months. I honestly thought they were dead and buried for quite some time. I also like that they seem to have suspended the "plan your points" campaigns where you had to estimate the flights you would be taking and in what class of service well in advance. I'm usually pretty good at planning future trips, but failed epically on those offers.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:32 pm

Me and Mrs. KroFlyer got the same promo too - Scandinavia and Finland. We're in Norway.
I also got Scandinavia and Finland, live in Oslo.

:-)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by Amexpat
I got a similar offer but it was only for Scandinavia and Finland. I'm in Norway and the offer is personal, so it could be that they are differentiating according to where you live.

http://www.sas.no/Misc/Misc-Container-Page/EURFDNO/
It is targetted as my wife received the offer while I did not. The T&Cs state:
Only members who has received this mailing are entitled to register for this promotion

I tried anyway as you never know with SAS IT
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: EBG (* G), CFA (ST E+)
I received it for Europe:

Fra og med 15. februar giver vi dig nemlig ekstra mange Ekstrapoint, nr du rejser med SAS i Europa*. Tilmeld dig senest 3. marts, book, og rejs i perioden 15. februar – 17. marts 2013!

*Glder t/r rejser til SAS-destinationer i Europa uden for Norden og Baltikum i perioden 15. februar – 17. marts 2013.
Will take advantage immediately!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold
Thanks for the response. Thats what I figured, but was hopeful it would also include previously booked flights...

I have to give SAS credit for rolling out these extra point offers the past couple of months. I honestly thought they were dead and buried for quite some time. I also like that they seem to have suspended the "plan your points" campaigns where you had to estimate the flights you would be taking and in what class of service well in advance. I'm usually pretty good at planning future trips, but failed epically on those offers.
I agree it's better than no campaign at all, but how much use is it to the customer? And does it really create much extra business for SAS? I for one have already booked all my travel for the upcoming month. And I am not going to book additional flights just because of a few Extrapoints.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Anyone have a campaign code for ex-Finland?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
http://www.sas.dk/Misc_Container_Pag...pages/EURFDDK/

Sign up by Mar 3rd, book and travel between Feb 15 and Mar 17. I wish I had known before, grrrrrr......
I also go Europe. To bad about the "only for new bookings" part. All my travel for Feb and March is already booked, so I wont be able to take advantage (unless SAS IT does its usual magic). Would be nice if existing bookings were also included. That way you would be rewarded for using SAS instead of other carriers, when you do you bookings, as you would know that any potential promotions would work to your benefit.

Svantevit
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I agree it's better than no campaign at all, but how much use is it to the customer? And does it really create much extra business for SAS? I for one have already booked all my travel for the upcoming month. And I am not going to book additional flights just because of a few Extrapoints.
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I also go Europe. To bad about the "only for new bookings" part. All my travel for Feb and March is already booked, so I wont be able to take advantage (unless SAS IT does its usual magic). Would be nice if existing bookings were also included. That way you would be rewarded for using SAS instead of other carriers, when you do you bookings, as you would know that any potential promotions would work to your benefit.

Svantevit

Travel4Love - After reading/posting in this thread yesterday, I've had some time to reflect a bit. I agree with you. My flights are already booked, and I am not going to spend several thousand kroner to gain a couple thousand points (ie. SAS is the wrong airline to do a MR on, especially from a secondary airport like mine).

Svantevit - Good point. It is almost like being punished for booking in advance! Part of my problem with the plan your points campaign was that I made a plan, confirmed it in the offer, and my plans changed. No points for me. Now, I book in advance, offers come, I fly during the promo period, but no points for me b/c I did plan ahead!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: sas eurobonus

Did anyone who signed up, booked and travelled actually have the extra points credited at the end of March? I am still waiting....
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Flying Blue, Radisson Rewards, ALL
Originally Posted by pilgrim of scandinavia
Did anyone who signed up, booked and travelled actually have the extra points credited at the end of March? I am still waiting....
Same here, still waiting for the points to come in...
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: sas eurobonus

Points credited today :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.