FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:05 pm
qs933

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
They made a few more changes since I was last there in November. Seems like there are more Exec stalls than Emerald (numbered 1 - 7) now. Two booths under tents face each other vs. facing the road; probably safer for customers.

The selection today? Disappointing. In the Exec stalls, there were:
- several 2013 Forresters, all a couple months old
- '12 Liberty with a huge ding on the door
- '12 Rogue
- '13 Escape SEL (with missing state inspection sticker)
- '11 Mazda CX7
- '13 Juke

EA had:
-'12 Malibu LT
-'13 Passat

I took the Passat, as it was brand new (<2 months) and I had never driven one. Driving off the lot, I noticed that the brake had very little pressure and the pedal itself was sticking. I turned around and exchanged it.

The attendant tried to convince me that it was new so it couldn't be broken and that all VWs are like that and that I'm just not used to it...didn't matter to me. I exchanged it for a Forrester (2K miles).

I've read a lot about Subarus and their loyal following; I don't know...I'm really not too impressed with the Forrester. Hard plastics everywhere, the base stereo sounds terrible (even for a base system), doors feel tin-canny, cloth seats feel cheap; steering wheel is tilt-only...

Even the positives have offsetting negatives. It has Bluetooth (phone and audio). Pairing was simple. However, it didn't want to automatically resync with my iPhone (source not found error).

Last edited by qs933; Feb 16, 2013 at 4:14 pm