FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:24 pm
KenTarmac

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for the link.

Originally Posted by N965VJ
When TSA employees ask about what I do for a living, I always decline to provide any information.
I've never been asked at a check point although I was asked during my Precheck interview. I told them in general terms what I do for a living without being specific.

I'm curious what questions are being asked during the PreCheck interview. A PM would be fine if you'd rather not post in the forum.
It's no secret. Maxwell outlined the questions pretty well in his post copied below.

In my interview it was.

How did you hear about the program? - Coworker ...
What do you do for a living? - I travel a lot ...
Have you ever been convicted of a crime domestically or internationally? (To which they already know the answer.) - No...
Do you have any questions? - No...

... and that was it. Quick and painless. I have no skeletons in my closet and I'm constantly being background checked for my work anyway. So it was really no big deal to me.

They take your photo to put on your card and fingerprint you and that's it.

Same here. I've been losing weight, so I have a few pairs of jeans that are loose. Just me, but I know that the TSA employee doing a same sex grope on another man in public, in his hometown, and causing pants to drop will be more embarrassed than me.
LOL

If you trust TSA employees know how to operate the equipment competently.
Yes, I trust that in the nanosecond it takes me to walk through the NOS it will not be turned on. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of unfounded paranoia surrounding those machines. I opt out based on principal not for fear of radiation/MMW exposure. Plus it's fun to share my opt-out experiences here and compare notes with everyone.

And yes, as I was accused of earlier, I do have a working knowledge of radiation.

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
If you mean Global Entry interview, they're fairly basic (at least in my case), mostly just a confirmation of what you put on the application. How long I've lived at my address, where I work, will I be using GE for work or personal, etc. That plus fingerprinting and watching a video. Pretty quick.

This thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...hwhile-76.html has some other people's experiences in it.
Thanks for the link Maxwell. I knew there had to be a thread on it here somewhere.