FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by reluctanttraveler
YQ isn't listed in the above line (it's in the "detailed tax information" breakdown); I'm presuming some YQ was paid on top of this as these fares are usually priced using the "cheap base fare, high YQ" trick.

The way the fare code is listed, with the slash separating two parts, makes me suspicious that this is in fact some type of bulk/consolidator fare. Most fare codes look like "TLXP20GB", not "TLXP20GB/JUW37". If this is actually a consolidator fare, it raises the question of why in the !@#$ the DM line sold you such a thing....
The /JUW37 is the ticket designator and is applied to define the agent selling the ticket (TA, not res agent) or the discount applied to the ticket. My corp TA tickets have a ticket designator to signify the corp discount my firm gets. Consolidator fares likely also have a ticket designator to signify that it is an un-published fare.

But according to the Delta page on consolidator ticket mileage earning the following appears at the top:
Tickets purchased directly through Delta are considered “published fares” and receive full mileage credit based on the SkyMiles program rules.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...shed/index.jsp
Since the ticket was purchased through a Delta reservation channel it should not have earned partial miles.