FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:43 pm
FlyingBoat

OK, I a may be an idiot but tried it again since it was eventually resolved. And I could really use this service.

Went to SA today to buy 4 cards. (SA said the max for one cust in one day is $1900.)
First three went fine. The 4th one the cashier said, "sorry for some reason this one did not print out the little gift for you sheet". I said wait a minute, checked the receipt and the card and the #'s didn't match.

She tried to deactivate and to cancel the charge but couldn't do it and said there was nothing she could do, just like last time. I did have her write down and sign on the receipt that the card #'s don't match and she wrote down the matching card #.

I called Incomm and they now say it is the merchant's problem, not theirs and to go back to the merchant. I told them they keep telling me they cannot do anything at the store, and that last time Incomm told me to fax in the card/receipt and they took care of it. The Incomm rep actually laughed at me and told me that has never been the case they always tell people to go back to the vendor.

Supervisor told me the same thing. That they do not do anything for these situations, that it is the merchant's problem. I asked how then they had me do it through them last time. I gave him the ticket # from last time. He looked it up and saw they did handle it. So he had me fax the info it to him like last time. He is saying they shouldn't be doing this, that they end up going through merchant services just like the store should be doing.

So, just like I figured. Even if you spot the problem immediately at the store there is nothing they can do. Maybe during weekday hours they could call someone and do something. I know from the last issue which also happened on a Saturday that the manager took down my information, called someone, and typed in a bunch of notes, but I never heard back from the store, only from Incomm who resolved it after two weeks.