FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NZ pulled I (*A Business award) inventory from all AKL-SYD flights?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:32 am
Europeanexplorer

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by libertyuk
Bear in mind that not all AKL-SYD flights have business class. Around half tend to be operated by Airbus A320s which are single class aircraft, the others are mostly operated with 767s or 777s which do have a business product.

Having said that, the A320 economy class is sold with four different products, the top one involves the middle seat being left vacant, front few rows of the aircraft (which include seats in the Space + extra legroom section), lounge access, greater luggage allowance and includes food and drinks (the two bottom products have "buy on board").

Odds are that your X class award (on any aircraft) will be the "standard" "Works" product which is standard economy with food/beverage service included.
Yup - I know that only the 777s and 767s have J. However, there was plenty of I class availability a couple of days ago between AKL and SYD. Now, all that is available is X on all dates. I am currently booked in X on a 777 (NZ101), so I was hoping that I class would become available at a later date.

At this rate though, it appears all I class awards on this route are currently gone.