FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:53 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by member7777
i had a -$1000 balance on an MVD that should have +$500, and incomm kicked me back to CVS. CVS did refund me (with no explanation how a prepaid card could EVER get a neg balance), but if they didn't, who do we go to next?
I miss the money from the game, but frankly, I am sorta glad I got out at the right time, apparently.
My theory on your ordeal is, you have a CVS employee who either accidentally did the load and refund, and then he tried to load it back again, he actually did a refund again, and again, OR, it is a crooked employee who was pulling some scam.

Only the CVS management of that store or even district could tell from their daily transaction report to determine what exactly happened.

If these were just honest mistakes made by the employee, the store's daily proceeds would be an extra $1.5K. If it is a scam the store can also be able to discover it. That is why CVS refunded to you. They did not want to tell you anything makes me wonder if it is the latter.

In your case, InComm really has nothing to do with what happened to you as versus other cases when the cards were either defective or tampered with the missing PIN. (We will never know the truth but InComm took responsibility of such when the issues were at their end.)

Your ordeal happened at the Merchant Level, that is why InComm "kicked you back to CVS". Not unlike you just realized you were overcharged by a store - the CC would always ask you to resolve this with the store FIRST before filing a dispute.

I do agree with you about the risk we are taking and people should be fully aware and prepared for this. Matter of factly on each upload to me it is like an adventure - never know what the screen would come back. I did have 1 time the money was loaded to MVD but immediately was kicked back and the screen gave me an error of 93. Called MVD who was able to see what happened, and the rep was able to manually re-load the amount from the VR back to MVD. My guess was there was a two-way verification process between VR and MVD but somehow the communication was either timed-out or disconnected by the second which turned out to be a critical second - not unlike sometimes when you swipe a card at the POS and it did not go thru, but swipe again it goes thru - happens all the time at the store's POS terminals and we would not think twice about it - but when it is involving uploading some money we bought, then we naturally are nervous. The 2nd time I got an error was inexplicable - it just wouldn't load for 2 tries. I let some time passed and then load again, and it went thru.