FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Restaurant recommendations near the Hilton that's near Chinatown?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:24 pm
gfunkdave
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhonors fan
My absolute favorite restaurant in San Francisco is The Stinking Rose. I assume you're going to be staying at the Hilton Financial District which is the closest one to Chinatown. It is within walking distance from that hotel. The prices are in the $17-$25 range which is pretty affordable for San Fran. It's called a "garlic restaurant" and if you like garlic, you'll love it. Even my wife who isn't a huge garlic fan still thinks it's a great restaurant as they have a section of the menu for non-garlic lovers. My favorite dish is the Silence of the Lamb Shank! I always go here when I'm in S.F. or their location in Beverly Hills when I'm near L.A. Hope this helps!
Gross gross gross. Overhyped tourist trap.

In Chinatown, we used to go to Pearl City Seafood Restaurant (gets lousy reviews - but it's been 10 years since I was there) for lunch dim sum pretty often. I loved it.

Wander down to the mission and take a gander at just about any restaurant there.

In no particular order:

Delfina
Ti Couz
Frjtz
Luna Park
Firefly
Slanted Door (in the ferry bldg)