FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:47 pm
member7777
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
These are the risks we accept as part of playing the game. As has been said many times before, if you can't afford to have your $$$ tied up for a while, you should reconsider whether you should be playing the game.

Don't expect much from the store you buy them at - they're always going to shrug and wash their hands of it, you'll always have to deal with the company that issues the cards.

You can help reduce your risk by using some common sense. Watch the cashier carefully - make sure they add the correct value to your card (check the receipt), make sure they hand you the card that's activated and not a different one (be extra careful if getting more than a single card), try and get a sense if they appear to know what they're doing or are just clueless (my "bad" VR was simply the result of a new cashier who didn't know how to load it properly). Above all, save your receipt in case you need it (my advice is to clip each receipt to each card so you know which goes with which -especially helpful if you have them stacked up like cordwood). And try not to let a long time elapse between the card loading in the store and you unloading it online.

If you take care of all the above, I think the chances of you being stuck without your $$$ for an extended period are reduced to nearly zero. You may be in limbo for a few days, but all reports seem to indicate that Incomm is a far cry from the Paypals and other SOB companies when they hold your money.

Incomm is a big company (explore their website and you'll see, it's not some small, fly-by-night operation) and although they may screw up once in a while (examples include the missing-digits VRs in their own neighborhood), they should resolve any honest glitches that you encounter to your satisfaction, given a few days. That may be a few days more than you would like, but I don't recall hearing from anybody who really has gotten hosed by them (yet).

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.
i had a -$1000 balance on an MVD that should have +$500, and incomm kicked me back to CVS. CVS did refund me (with no explanation how a prepaid card could EVER get a neg balance), but if they didn't, who do we go to next?
I miss the money from the game, but frankly, I am sorta glad I got out at the right time, apparently.