FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:11 pm
RO N

Dear All,
Please guide me and tell if I have a right to appeal against the “no show” penalty decision imposed on us by reading my story below.

I have experienced the most awful customer services of my life provided by Qatar airways staff in Heathrow Airport.
Qatar airways flight was due to depart at 8.00 am where I got to the boarding desk at 7.08 am precise. On my arrival, All the Qatar airways staff was still present and staring at me and my running towards the desk. I handed my e-tickets to a member of staff where she asked if I was travelling by Business class or an economy class, When she heard that we are economy class passengers, she along with the entire crew walked off and pointed me to speak to the ticketing counter situated opposite to the boarding desk, I asked that person why she’s sending me to that counter and wanted to apologies and explain my genuine reason for being late so she could be considerate on mitigating circumstance but the lady simply walked off, On my arrival to the desk i was informed that flight desk is now closed and I won't be able to get on this flight.

I was perplexed and amazed that even though i manage to get to the staff while they were present and while preparing myself to explain here a reason of us being late by 8 minutes she still walked off and didn't let me speak or gave me chance to express my story to her.

However we unfortunately missed the flight. I rushed to counter and insisted the staff to let me speak to their manager so i can at least explain them the genuine reason of my health condition but they didn’t have any of that.
I was informed that each ticket will be imposed with "no show" penalty and we must pay the charges to avail next flight. I did not like their attitude and waited for 45 minutes with my family and child under 2 years before the manager arrived.. However finally manager came and he remained persistent about the charges. I had no choice to pay the charges of £120 on each tickets that was also included infant ticket that was originally cost me £133. I felt hopeless and helpless and felt as if I was played by the few member of staff.

My questions are:

Do airlines consider and listen to their customers with genuine problem in such occurrence? If they do then why Qatar airways staff didn’t consider letting me explain my situation ?

Why the staff lady stopped and specifically confirmed first if I was a business class customer or an economy class? Do business class customers get liberty over economy class customer when they are late with genuine reason?

Even though I showed up with a genuine reason being late by 08 minutes, I still pay “no show” penalty on each ticket? Do I have any right to contest "no show" charges and get a refund that i have paid as a no show penalty ?

Please elaborate my rights as I believe that I was unfairly treated and I was played few member of staff for 50 minutes until the flight was departed and I was imposed with no show penalty.