FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For Family, Football and First Class by Train
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:20 am
Askartus

Programs: A* Gold, OW Sapphire, Thalys Platinum, Accor Gold, member of BahnBonus
Nice trip - I just had some shorter rides on Virgin when I visited the UK, all our longer train rides have been on Scotrail (Class 156 trains are not really made for long journeys) or West Coast (Aberdeen - Edinburgh or London - Glasgow) which was nice in first.

Originally Posted by ND76
Either find a friendly pub in Kirkcaldy or train back to Edinburgh and would like to have a Sunday roast dinner at a decent place (have a tip on the "Sheep's Heid Inn", which is near Arthur's Seat). Train back to Newcastle.
IŽd like to recommand the Dubh Prais Restaurant on High Street, which I visited three times now. A very small restaurant with (imo) a very good meal choice and service.
Or, near ArthurŽs Seat, the Sailsbury Arms - a nice pub with good ales and good food choice.

Also, as a suggestion: If you would like to take a nice night train, why not user the Caledonian Sleeper (Infos at seat61) from Edinburgh to London.