FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:30 am
CGRA

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Sunset Tower Hotel - West Hollywood.

Deluxe Room booked for $280
No upgrade offered.
Early check-in at noon used.
$100 credit used at lunch at Tower Bar.
Continental Breakfast for two used.
Late checkout available til 4pm, but not used.

My comments to FHR on my survey:

No room upgrade offered. Other than presenting the FHR Survey, with offer to comp two movies if turned in at front desk rather than mailed in, no detailed mention of FHR benefits. Is this a way to preempt FHR receiving bad reviews?

The hotel was replacing common area carpeting. We were assigned a very standard room on a floor where carpeting was being replaced, we had to step through sticky glue on bare floors, climbed over carpet installers multiple times. I spoke to the Director of Rooms by phone to register a complaint about the constant banging associated with the carpet installation, pointing out we used our noon check-in to rest before an evening appointment, but with the banging could not get any reasonable sleep. I was told no upgrade was available and we could be moved to another floor, but it was already late in the day and the installers were almost done for the night, and would be done w/the floor at that time. I opined that assigning guests to a room in the middle of a remodel (literally the middle, climbing over the workers on the floor and on fresh glue on the floors) was poor management of room assignments.

During check out when asked how our stay was, I reiterated how frustrating the prior day was, and we were offered an adjustment for the ice tea and orange juice charges from breakfast. Apparently, the Continental Breakfast benefit does not include beverages other than coffee or hot tea. While the gesture of a credit to the bill is appreciated, the fact it adjusted charges for items that should be part of a breakfast in the first place lessened the level of satisfaction with this gesture. Finally, at about 12:10pm, we received a call asking if we were planning to stay until 4pm to take advantage of late check-out. In fact, we would have stayed longer had we enjoyed our experience, but we were ready to leave and advised the front desk we'd be out within 45 minutes.

I will not book this hotel again.
Sorry SFO for your bad experience at this hotel
Did you ever receive a reply frm FHR when you submit a bad survey ?