FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:24 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingzzzd's
So I have to ask, what about the Terms and Conditions of loyalty benefits listed on the Hilton site that state:
"‡ Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

• If you are an HHonors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor."
(Bolding is mine).

Nicole is access to the 'real' lounge being denied to Diamonds because this is seen as a guest incentive rather than linked to room type? It just seems like a deliberate breach of terms. Guaranteed lounge access for Diamonds is the primary reason we give so many stays to Hilton.

A check-in area, although a separate room, with, as you have clearly stated, no amenities, is not an Executive Lounge. I'd know you are just the messenger here but would appreciate you sourcing an explanation as to why Diamond members are being denied Lounge access at your property.

Did you see how positively everyone reacted (and started booking) with news that Diamonds would have full Lounge access? And how the mood has turned since it appears this was merely a play on words?
I think the response is simple, although not really satisfying. This DT doesn't offer Executive Rooms, thus no Executive Floors, thus no Executive Lounge.

Now, it appears that all Hiltons and DTs are going to be required to have an Executive Lounge by July (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nd-2013-a.html), it would make sense for the Trop to be proactive and just allow Diamonds access to the VIP Lounge for the time being..