FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:12 pm
jbarm

Palace San Francisco

Reserved basic room at lowest FHR rate for a Saturday night at the Palace. Upgraded to Junior Suite.

Junior Suite is just a large room, not a suite in the classic sense. Nice room with high ceilings and furnishings. Bathroom was fine, but a little small which is not unusual for older properties like this.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a Palace Suite, as most FHR reports on Flyertalk indicated that they had received an upgrade to a real suite. Asked if a Palace suite was available several times to no avail.

Received coupons for full breakfast buffet, including tax & tip (list price $32). Nice buffet in great setting.

Sunday Brunch. Asked if I could use breakfast coupons for Sunday brunch but was told no.

However, I did use $100 food & beverage credit towards Sunday brunch. Including tax & tip about $93/person (ouch).

Brunch was quite good, with breakfast selections, plus sushi bar, Chinese food, king crab, shrimp, seafood salads, beef, chicken, salads and desserts. Also included champagne etc.

Yes, I did eat both breakfast (lightly) and brunch (less lightly).

Late check out at 4pm offered and taken.

Nice stay, I would do it again.

jb