FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:36 pm
SometimesFlyer

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by thorhansen
Hey guys,

Going there in February. I have booked an Ocean View Escape, but I am wondering whether or not to upgrade to an Ocean Front Haven. What do you guys think in terms of sun conditions, privacy etc.?

Regards
Thor (Currently at W Santiago)
I think all the ocean front havens face west. they are right there on the beach. next to beach japanese restaurant and bar. privacy wise i can see how someone walking on the beach can "look" in but the unlikely i think. the actual sand is about 4 feet down below a protection wall and then there are lots of shrubs and plants. They will have to be trying hard to look in. I prefer the sun conditions as you will get sunset right on your "deck".

Ocean view umits are different area altogether. High on the hill. Don't think you will get true west facing if that matters to you. High units are a little more private but bear in .mind anyone standing on edge of lobby bar can look well into your deck area. The walk to lobby and pool area is a toss up between the 2.

either way, beautiful place and i'm sure you'll have good time.