FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2013, 5:32 pm
Ripper3785

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It's not far at all but the hills are steep. I aggravated a slipped disc falling when it rained. The Ocean View Escape are nice rooms, however are one large open plan room. I found this irritating as we always book suites not only for the room, but so when my partner wants to watch tv I can go to sleep.
Originally Posted by thorhansen
Ouch, maybe not a good idea to walk up again from the mo-hee-toe madness evening

Open floor plan is fine, as we do not usually turn on the tv during vacations. Really looking forward to this trip, and it will be fun to test both the Meridien and W.

/Thor

Indeed, the hills are steep. My wife and I didn't have any issues but can understand this being a problem for some. We are relatively young and it did not rain very much during our stay. I guess to help avoid these issues one could always request the buggies. We rarely used them as we felt like we needed the exercise in between all the relaxing and eating. Also, note that there are stairways about halfway down each row on the hill that may help reduce walking up/down the steep inclines.

As far as the open floor plan, one could always send their partner to watch the TV located in the spacious bathroom, hehe.

We absolutely love this property and are anxious for our return in April. I think it gets a touch of a bad rap here on FT due to their limited SPG participation and lacking elite benefits. The GM here is fantastic as shows on tripadvisor reviews.

Have a great trip!