FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:18 am
jhoarau1961

Originally Posted by iadflyer11
Hello,

I mistakenly booked the wrong dates on Qatar Airways to fly from IAD-DOH-HYD and back on September 5th. These were business class tickets. As soon as I realized within an hour, I called the customer service department and asked them what to do as I had to change the dates. The representative suggested that I cancel my existing reservation and re-book the tickets again. So, I cancelled my reservation and submitted a refund request within a couple of hours. All this happened on September 5th. Today is September 14th and no one has responded to me from Qatar Airways or told me about my refund status. When I call the customer service line, I am told that I cant speak to anyone as I used the internet to make a reservation.
This level of customer service is making me nervous and hesitant to use Qatar Airways in the future and even for my upcoming flight.
All I need to know is when will they refund my cancelled tickets as I cancelled within 24 hrs of making my reservation.
Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ravi
I too have recently had no luck getting a business class qatar airways refund. I cancelled it online on the 7th Dec 2012 and have sent numerous emails without any response, it is now over 30 days and still nothing. I called the Melbourne Office and the Perth Office, they are unable to help as it was booked online.

I rebooked another flight for a different time and business class. I am frustrated that not one single response has been given. I am nervous about using Qatar in the future and even on my first major overseas trip.