FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:33 pm
5DMarkIIguy

Originally Posted by ayz75
Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City
- Booked the most basic room and upgraded in advance with my upgrade voucher (as a fairmont platinum member). Did not receive additional upgrade with FHR
- Received $100 F&B credit
- Received two breakfast buffet worth about $35 each (I think)
- Had option for late check out and did use

The junior suite that I upgraded to is not that impressive. I don't know if I would have received a FHR upgrade had I not used my suite voucher. This is my third time staying at Chateau Frontenac (got married here!) if you get the older rooms, it's not that nice.. but when I got married here I got the suite on the gold floor which was impressive. Otherwise, the hotel is alright.

Cost: $215+ tax
Similar experience at the Frontenac. I used my suite upgrade cert and they pushed me into this tiny junior suite on the lowest level looking at another wall. It was insane. I marched down to the front desk and demanded a better upgrade. After all, I was using both FHR and suite certificate. So after a bit back and forth, they put me in the Grace Kelly suite on the gold floor for an additional $100. I was so tired, so I took the offer. Worth every pennies. But the experience really put a damper on my visit.

I used FHR from time to time at several Fairmont, and the most I've ever gotten was a better room (without using the suite upgrade)