FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Companion pass 2013-14
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:57 am
facula

Originally Posted by snangel
I applied for the card late Oct. Got the card in November. Reached $2k spending on statement that closed yesterday 1/14 but only 2K showed on my RR acct today. Called chase and they said the 50K won't post until 6-8 weeks later. I'm reading on here and everyone seems to post right after closing date. Did I mess up somewhere? The Chase website is useless for RR details. It still says 0 earned for everything even though 2K already posted to the SW website. Do I have to pay first so that's why I have to wait 6 weeks? The 3 month requirement is when I reached the spending not when I paid, right?
What do you see on your statement for points earned, 2000? That would be something to check just to verify Southwest posted how much Chase said.

When did you finish the $2K spending? There seems to be a delay in triggering the bonus so if you finish the spending too close to your statement date it won't catch it. "Too close" is within a week or so. As long as you have the $2K done (and you're not counting the annual fee in that), the bonus should post a couple days after your next statement closes.