FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Washington Dulles Airport (IAD, Northern Virginia)
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:36 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm a FS stayer, and pretty much agree with everything VA1379 said.

IAD Marriott is my favorite in the area (used to be Westfields). They've done extensive remodeling, the customer service is the best around, the lounge is big and well-stocked, parking is free... other than the fact that some rooms can indeed be a long walk from the lobby and lounge, there's no reason not to like it as a FS Marriott. They also treat elites well with separate (and super-quick) check-in, pre-stay communication from the elite coordinator, etc.

Westfields used to be a beautiful property, but it's the one that I now find tired and in need of renovation. My biggest disappointment, though, is the customer service. The place used to feel like a Ritz-Carlton but has gone steadily downhill. Just one example is the valet parking which used to be free to all guests but now has an exorbitant charge--I've spoken with the valets, and they don't like it either because they make WAY less in tips with so many people now self-parking. Another is the dismal condition of the pool tables in Wellington's Pub. They're just letting the place go, which is too bad.