Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Washington Dulles Airport (IAD, Northern Virginia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Washington Dulles Airport (IAD, Northern Virginia)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2002, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante

Flying into Dulles late this Friday night and am trying to decide between the Airport Marriott and the Marriott Suites...

any one better than the other (in terms of room quality, upgrades, shuttle reliability, etc.) -- or is it pretty much a wash?

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 10:23 pm

Pretty much a wash in my book. However, I would probably go for the Airport Marriott simply because it is closer.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 8:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, the Marriott is literally right there at IAD on Aviation Dr.(?) and it also has a free shuttle and Concierge floor and other decent facilities such as gym, pool etc, as I recall.

The Suites is also only about 2-3 miles away with a free shuttle too, I guess.

FWIW, the nicest property here in the area, IMHO, is the Marriott Westfields - but it's a few miles further out from IAD.

Corrected to IAD, as directed below. I got CO on the brain and I was writing a letter to Houston today! Thanks!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 01-16-2002).]
Old Jan 16, 2002, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
That would be IAD or you would be at Houston LOL

I prefer the Suites, why, b/c there is a mall (small) right there with a good Chinese Restaurant, movie theatre, Worldgate Athletic Club which you can use for free as a guest and a five minute shuttle to the airport. Since there isn't a lounge, gold/plat can get free breakfast (weekdays), underground parking if you have a car, and other fast food and a food store (Giant) across the street.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Yes, the Marriott is literally right there at IAH on Aviation Dr.(?) and it also has a free shuttle and Concierge floor and other decent facilities such as gym, pool etc, as I recall.

The Suites is also only about 2-3 miles away with a free shuttle too I guess.

FWIW, the nicest property here in the area, IMHO, is the Marriott Westfields - but it's a few miles further out from IAH.
</font>
Old Jan 16, 2002, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
But stay away from the Japanese restaurant in that strip mall.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 10:32 pm

Location: Richmond, VA ; US Chairman, DL GM; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
If you stay at the Airport Marriott, make sure you don't stay on the bottom floor. When I was there, the room was very clammy and musty.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Thanks for your replies...looks like I'll be at the Airport Marriott.

I assume the Concierge Lounge is closed on weekends? If so, I suppose I might as well fork out $10 extra for the two for breakfast.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 2:24 pm

Just my w cents, if you haven't made a final decision - I would strongly recommend the suites. The airport Marriott is pretty old, and while it's been updated, it's still one of the those late 60's/early 70's Marriott's we all know and love/hate. Since it's so close to the runways, it's also low rise, which can mean some pretty long walks. The suites are new (approx. 1985, I think) and very up to date.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 2:48 pm

I second Fcrit's opinion. I want to ad that it is close to IAD (five to eight minute ride) and they have a complimentary shuttle.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fcrit:
Just my w cents, if you haven't made a final decision - I would strongly recommend the suites. The airport Marriott is pretty old, and while it's been updated, it's still one of the those late 60's/early 70's Marriott's we all know and love/hate. Since it's so close to the runways, it's also low rise, which can mean some pretty long walks. The suites are new (approx. 1985, I think) and very up to date.</font>
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:32 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:

I assume the Concierge Lounge is closed on weekends? If so, I suppose I might as well fork out $10 extra for the two for breakfast.
</font>
The 2 For Breakfast rate @ $10 extra is a great deal even for one person. Most times it is $20 extra, which is great for 2 people. $10 doesn't buy much in a hotel restaurant...

Old Jan 19, 2002, 2:21 pm

I've had SEVERAL meals at the Japanese Steak House (Is this the Chines restaurant you are talking about, or is it the "BUFFET" one?)

The Steak House is very good. One of the best I have been to...

The Buffet stinks. :-)
Old Mar 25, 2002, 6:42 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Dulles Marriott Suites have view?

Hi,

I'm considering staying at the Dulles Marriott Suites for a couple of nights. I believe it is high-rise and I think it faces west. Can one see the airport from the hotel, assuming you're in a room high enough? I'm guessing that though the view may not be much anyway?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2002, 4:45 am

This is a nice hotel and I really like it. However if a view of IAD is what you want, you won't find it here. Its about 4 miles SE of IAD. It faces the toll road, another street and a Days Inn or a parking lot. However they do have a free shuttle to IAD and free health club passes to an incredible gym that is in the same complex and a choice of a few rest. and a theatre in the complex. I recommend this place.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 6:33 am

Same experience as above. It is my preferred location when I get stuck at IAD for a night. I too recommend it.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Marriott-family hotels near Dulles Airport

Which one of the following three Marriotts would you pick for one night near Dulles Airport. Rates are similar 89-99$ at all properties. Dulles Marriott, Dulles Suites or Tysons Corner Marriott. Proximity to Airport does not matter too much since we have a late evening flight out of Dulles. What would be nice though would be proximity to Leesburgh Corner Outlets which we want to visit on that day before departure.

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.