FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:24 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
My wife and I currently have the Sapphire and the Ink.

I have had no issue at any time with moving all our points from all cards into one acct. So we combined them, doing so always online, into one.

Over the holiday my brother was with us and found himself short like 30k UA on an award he needed. He had depleted his UA acct after doing like 3 flights recently and needed anew.

I called Chase and spoke to an agent and was able to have the agent easily transfer 30k of my UR to my brother's acct. I just needed his name and UA acct number. Transfer went through immediately.

The CSR said, and I quote "Well sir, yes, one can transfer one's UR points to anyone's UA acct so long as you provide use with their name and acct number."

I don't have further information (I did take his name, etc) and I have only performed this activity this one time with someone other than my spouse but in the same family, but I suppose this means we may have conflicting info on here--OR Chase has elected to put some souls on the fire for whatever they may consider as 'not good' for whatever reason, and once you're marked you are marked. I dunno. Just thought I'd share this.

MM

Last edited by Marathon Man; Jan 5, 2013 at 5:04 am