FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2013]
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yesterday i was 15 cpm for PQMs, day it is 8.5 cpm -- still almost 11 cpm AI. Dropping faster after the new year than 2012.
I have an existing reservation - $2,226 for 21,000 miles = 10.6 CPM for PQM.

This seems to be the point where it could be almost worth doing, except that I don't understand the benefit of 1K anymore. I'm still watching 2 GPUs expire in a few weeks because I can't get them to clear anywhere. This is my third try, all on CPU eligible flights. And, on this flight, if we don't clear before T-24, I'll have to call UA and have them put me on the formal do not upgrade list so I don't get split off from my companion.

Side note: Last time I did this check, my companion was on another PNR. She got a lower rate offer than me. Others have posted same thing - seems that non-status members almost always get cheaper offers. In this instance we are both on same PNR, and we both get same price offer. Seems they're trying to be clever about hiding the discount given to non-status members.

So, what's the point of paying more to get 1K?