FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin itinerary and baggage fees
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:48 pm
Bicostal

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by notzac
Hi! Pretty much a newbie when it comes to flying on DL, so go easy on me.. I've made a reservation to travel with multiple cabins on the one PNR; what I'm trying to work out is what I'll be up for in baggage fees. I tried e-mailing DL using their web form, but got a "form letter" response - I'm not even sure whether they actually read my question fully before responding - so I figured I'd ask the experts!

Here's what I've got booked (fare class in brackets):

SFO-ATL (D)
ATL-AVL (T)
AVL-ATL (K)
ATL-SFO (A)

I figure I'm safe for the first and last flights - the DL website seems to indicate that I'll be able to check three bags for free - but it's the ones in the middle I'm not so sure about. Does the entire itinerary qualify for free baggage due to the booking class of the first flight? The e-ticket left me more confused than not, as it said I could check 3 PC for the first flight and 0 PC for the rest (even though the last flight should definitely allow 3 PC as well).

I'm Platinum with VA, but I'm pretty sure that baggage is a benefit I'm not entitled to (slightly annoying, but at least I get Sky Priority these days).

Thanks heaps in advance!
Outbound should be ok. Return shouldn't be a problem if there's no FC on the RJ. When I do OAJ or ilm I've never had a problem with 3 when the atl connect was FC.