FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:02 pm
sachs1999

hyatt indian wells

Stayed dec 30-jan 1 for a fast new years trip. Booked for 279 a night, online hyatt was offering for 269 when I booked and closer to went to 249 with free breakfast. I didn't bother calling amex to book at a lower rate (if theirs had gone down too).

Checked in around 3pm. Asked about upgrade and they said the hotel was fully booked, which I found odd as I went online earlier and there was full availibility. I asked about upgrading to a villa and that I was willing to pay. Then of course there was availability. Online the room I wanted was 399, however when I asked to pay to upgrade the price was 300 per night for upgrade. I tried to understand how the 120 difference form what I paid to the new room turned into 300, staff was very rude.

I went up and dropped off my bags and went online. All rooms still showed available on hyatt website and kayak, ect. I went down to speak to a manager. I was told again they were sold out, when I showed them there were rooms available I was told those were only for paying customers not to upgrade people to. At this point I was more than frustrated. I asked if in lue of the lunch/dinner credit I could simply get the internet and parking waived. I should mention that this hotel charges a 25 resort fee and still charges 10 for internet and 15 for parking per day!!

I was told that they could not do things like that and I would have to use the credit or loose it.

Upon checkout I enquired why I was charged for breakfast. I was told I had ordered too much. So an order of fruit, toast and eggs split between 2 people is too much. I was informed only one item per person.

I can't begin to say how angry I was and will never be back at this hotel.

I usually stay at the la quinta resort and have always been upgraded to suites , and have friendly staff. Wanted to try somewhere new and was having new years closer to this hotel.