FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breaking up with Marriott
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalker683455
Suspended

Platinum Premier for WHAT?

I am really annoyed with Marriott today. Trying to book something for the first weekend after New Year. None of three properties would do a thing for me. I am traveling with our son, so for once I would have liked a property to confirm what room or suite I will actually get upgraded to. Marquis, Essex House, RC Battery Park. Nothing. One property tells me, "you'll know upon check-in", another has a virtual concierge which ignores my request, and the last one is not interested in even offering promised benefits, just because their $500 a night rate is a "promotion which cannot be combined with any other offer". I am not sure what the point of being Platinum Premier is (even the phone support couldn't assist and actually told me "those properties don't appreciate receiving calls from us!").

I know the first week after new year is very slow for these properties, so it's beyond me why they don't want to show some better customer service. My last try was through CTS (Centurion Travel Service), but the best I got from them is a standard 3rd night free booking at RC Battery Park I can get myself on the RC website... CTS was told "this cannot be combined with Centurion benefits (free bfst, upgraded room)".

I am too used to proper service from high end properties in Asia to put up with this kind of lousy attitude. So I made my choice...I am staying home!

And companies complain about the economy!

What gets me is that there is absolutely no attempt to do anything for me as Plat Prem. So what's the whole hullaballoo for then? I am going to burn up my 800+K MR points on nice stays, not give a damn about collecting MR points, and enjoy my stays without worrying about making Plat renewal on 75 nights a year. I have LT platinum, so the only reason to keep the renewal is to keep my Premier status. I don't see it being any advantage whatsoever.

Marriott...this isn't good....i have choices.... much better choices than Marriott, in fact.

rant over...

PS: Last time I was annoyed by a hotel chain was in 1999 when I was fiercely loyal to Hyatt and got disappointed twice within a month. I jumped ship and put in 2000 nights with Marriott...until now.