FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Seoul {KOR}
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:42 am
terminalfive

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Karter
At the Conrad Seoul now. Whatever was wrong to create all those horrible tripadvisor reviews is a complete mystery to me. This place is fantastic.

Exec Lounge - the best I've ever been in of any Conrad or Hilton. Very spacious, elegant but understated decor, attentive and friendly staff, and sweeping views of the river and city from three sides. The breakfast selection is the best spread I've seen, somewhat on par with Conrad Bangkok but a bit better quality. There's a choice of seven hot items, myriad pastries, cereals and cold cuts, plus they'll do you eggs if you ask. For the evening reception, 5-7 p.m., there's a choice of four hot dishes, five desserts, and plenty of cold starters, nuts, crisps etc. Last night the hot choices were fried prawns (katsu breading), chicken yakitori skewers, spicy chicken wings, and ?? (I forgot); tonight it was lemon prawn skewers, pulled pork sandwiches, fried dim sum, and lamb kebabs. I would have liked more Korean choices but at least there's Korean rice cakes and porridge at breakfast. Four types of red wine, two whites, and one champagne. Table service or help yourself.

Gym - again, the best, just a step under the Hilton Warsaw (but theirs is a Holmes Place that is very obviously open to the public). All brand new Precor machines, a huge selection, free bottles of water on hand, and great views out the window. The pool is lovely but not huge, and there's a small jjimjilbang / sauna available. It costs extra (but Diamonds at least get it comped).

Location - I really like it. The other Hilton hotels I've stayed at in Seoul, as well as the W, require shuttle buses just to get anywhere. So while there's nothing to see in the immediate area, that's also pretty much the case at the others. However, Yeouido is well placed for ease of getting around Seoul. The hotel is connected to a brand new mall, which itself is connected to the metro (lines 5 and 9).

Room - All very clean and new, the apple style TV is cool, the bed's comfy, the wardrobe's quite spacious, the bathtub is big enough for two, and the shower's big enough for three On the first night we got a free full-size bottle of red plus a tray of chocolates and sesame snaps - I assume a diamond benefit.

I don't get why people were complaining about the tech issues - either there were problems that have all been fixed or these people just couldn't cope with a bit of technology. There's nothing to be afraid of really - it's all pretty intuitive and user-friendly to me - but I suppose it may be hard for some to get used to turning down blinds, turning off lights, and ordering room cleaning on a hand-held touchscreen device.

Also, just now before posting the 'Director of Rooms' came over and introduced himself, gave me his card and enquired if I was happy with my room, my stay, etc. Very friendly, sincere, and personal. Impressive hotel in every way. ^^
Agree

The gym is AMAZING. Best Hotel Gym. I thought W Barcelona had a good gym but this is on another level.

had a great stay and Breakfast was pretty good too^