FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Sky Club Promotion Codes and Discounts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:00 am
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours

Finally, the GF and I will be at SFO lounge for a while the evening of 11/11, waiting for the red-eye back to DTW. If you want to stop and say hi, look for the mismatched pair and if you find yourself saying "How is he with someone as attractive as her?", that's us.

Pat
She must be with you for your incredible dry sense of humor!

Originally Posted by wcthomps
Same experience as above, I had tried this code 3-4 times in the past and it worked just fine but never followed through. I was waiting to make plat to get the extra discount. Just tried it a couple days ago in anticipation of making plat this week and it failed while I was still GM. Today my status changed to PM and I tried the code one more time. Still rejected. I guess I will be going for the +2 months promo instead.
I had this happen to me a couple of years ago, where the website would not give it to me, so I just called the SkyClubs service number directly, and told them I wanted the promo that I could not get to work on the website. The agent I spoke with said "that's odd, it should work, let me process it for you." Less than 30 seconds after giving her my payment info she said, "Okay, you are all set, your membership is renewed, and the discount was applied. I'm sorry that you had trouble renewing on our website, but everything is in order now." (Of course, I can't quote her words exactly from two years ago, but that was very close to what she said.)

So, the lesson here is, if the DL site does not work, which has happened frequently to me, on DL's various sites, in my years flying DL, I just pick up the phone and ask them to process it manually. I know, a lot of people seem to be afraid of the phone, or are unfamiliar with how such an archaic device works, but surprise, surprise, stone age methods do work in a pinch! Depending on the situation, whether a SC membership on the SC site, or an itinerary which is clearly available, but the regular ticketing site will not allow it, with either just a simple question, or a little bit of explanation from me, they USUALLY are able to make it work out as it should, with a minimum of fuss and muss. As always, of course, YMMV!

Does anyone have any updates on what promos are still running for SC memberships before the end of the year, and also any which might be starting Jan. 1, 2013?