FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class and Coach ticket cost
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyDeltaJets87
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by rob0225
Just a bit of a rant and aside from the folks who will say if you want to fly F buy F.

Was looking at changing a DTW to DCA flight and while looking at different flights I noticed the cost of First was the exact same as Coach.

If one of the perks of medallion status for being loyal to Delta is complimentary upgrades and they're selling the tickets for the same price, of course F is going to sell out and upgrades won't happen.

What's the point of the benefit?
Then bloody buy F if it's the same price. Complimentary upgrades are on a "space available" basis, meaning if there are open seats that didn't sell, Delta will upgrade Medallions to F. But I can assure you that Delta would rather sell F seats then give them away.

Even as a lowly Silver, I love the complimentary upgrades provided to Medallions by Delta, but this is exactly why they have signs at the National Parks "Don't feed the animals. They may become dependent". I see the same dependcy attitude on here. Many posters here have received enough upgrades on the "space available" basis, that now they expect them and depend on them (and in some cases demand them), despite the fact that they paid for an economy ticket.

Last edited by FlyDeltaJets87; Dec 13, 2012 at 8:13 am Reason: Spelling