FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:37 pm
joer1212

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that actually neither calculation is correct. I believe you'd get 2x UR points simply for using your Sapphire card (regardless of whether you go through the UR mall or not) plus 1X UR points for going through the UR mall. That would mean your UR points would be 3X the cost of the ticket.

I didn't know that you'd get any Delta Sky Miles simply for purchasing the Delta ticket and don't know about DSM generally, so can't venture an opinion there.
Yes, it specifically states on the UR mall that I will get 2pts/$ if I purchase through Travelocity.
Other sites have different rates (1pt/$), but Travelocity gives more.
Wouldn't I get Delta SkyMiles since they are a member of Sky Team, and I will be flying one of their partner airlines? In fact, Aeroflot asks you which ff program you want your miles credited to, and it includes Delta (among others from Sky Team). All you have to do is type your frequent flyer number when booking. However, this is when you book directly on Aeroflot's website. I'm not sure how this would work through Travelocity.