FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:19 pm
Notenut

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zorrobandit
I found this thread today and rebooked aupcoming stay at an overseas Hilton under this rate, which saved me another $30/nite versus the MVP rate. Awesome!

However, I am concerned that at check-in, the hotel may demand be confused, or demand to know who the name of the friend/family member who is a Hilton Team Member. My stay starts Dec 15, and I don't want a nasty surprise at check-in! If I can't tell them a name, will they cancel the reservation and make me pay the full rate? Can any experienced Fters tell me if this is a risk?
I've been an Hhonors member for about 20 yrs and I don't ever remember seeing a promo named like this before (doesn't mean it has never happened, just that I've never seen it) so to my knowledge we're sort of treading on virgin ground for lack of a better metaphor. but it's a bona fide offer from Hilton, the reservation is made via their website. I don't think you have anything to worry about. other than the possible stay/no stay issue being discussed in this thread.